Sunday, November 15, 2009

saint sunday.

saint jude thaddaeus

saint jude was an apostle, which means he was a follower of Christ. after Christ’s resurrection and ascension into Heaven, the apostles traveled all over the world, bringing the word of Christ to the people. while preaching the gospel, saint jude was martyred in armenia, a country that did not convert to christianity until 3 centuries after his death.


after the last supper, it was jude who asked Our Lord why he chose to reveal Himself only to the disciples. he received the reply: whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.” (john 14:22)


saint jude is the patron of desperate causes, the saint of last resort, or the one you ask for help when all else fails.


2 friskies:

Caitlin said...

reminds me of the children's hospital. such a great, inspiring place!

Elizabeth said...

I wish I knew more about the saints and martyrs. Maybe a big story book about them.