Sunday, September 5, 2010

this semester so far:

a
01. is hard.
a
02. and so busy. probably because this RA thing is a lot harder than i thought. i've got to get my time management on. but i'm sure things will get easier once i get into the groove of things.
a
03. has me learning spanish. funny thing: everyone in my spanish I class already speaks spanish. but i don't. i am studying my flashcards as we speak. i even bought a $70 workbook in hopes to succeed.
a
04. has me living on the 5th floor with wonderful residents! seriously, they are a great group. i really lucked out.
a
05. has me working at the front desk at the most quietest times of day which means i can actually get homework done (or update my blog like i might be doing right now...)
a
06. has me doing laundry with the BRAND NEW machines in the basement. and the best part - laundry is freeeee! (and there is wifi and a flat screen tv down there, needless to say, i have found my new study room).
a
07. has me taking an honors english class that i will travel to ireland in january with! el partay. but the class seems like it will have a mucho amount of work.
a
08. has me watching dr. quinn medicine woman season one when i should probably be doing my homework.
a
09. has me signed up for the dallas race for the cure in october. i'm pumped!
a
10. has me volunteering at the denton public library again. but i am also on the honors service committee this semester!
a
11. has me planning fun programs for my residents. like next friday, we are taking the bus to the square and going out for ice cream at beth marie's!
a
12. has me already freaking out about the a&p II class. it seems as though dr. mills doesn't play about this homework business. so far, i've spent about three hours on this weeks and i'm no where near finished. but i'm excited to actually get my learn on cause i bet knowing about the human body will come in handy in nursing school.
a
13. all in all, i kinda feel like i'm just waiting around this year. i can't wait to go to nursing school(location to be revealed at a later date), i can't wait to have our own apartment, i can't wait to be a real nurse, i can't wait to help people, i can't wait to travel the world, but most of all, i can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me. but i can't wait anymore. life has to be lived and i am here to do it. 

4 friskies:

Kaelyn said...

That is a busy schedule! But I have a feeling that you will do wonderfully! I'm going to Ireland, too! But I'm doing the CEU route so I won't be in class..

Holly Larson said...

yeah it's super busy, but it looks like you are having so much fun allie! I miss you so much. and i'm so excited that you are going to go to Ireland in January!!!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

you inspire me daily. i hope you know that.

Caitlin said...

ireland will be a very, very bright spot in this busy year!