Monday, October 4, 2010

life update:

01. my roommate moved out a few weeks ago! it was unexpected surprise that has made life so much easier (and my room much messier). i turned her bed into a "study couch" that kailin has taken a particular liking to. come study with me!
g
02. i survived all four of my tests last week! and so far, i know i got A's on 3 of them. next time, i'm going to try studying for my tests before the night before. but it's just so hard, cause this method has worked so well for me so far but i've got to change my study habits before nursing school.
g
03. kailin and i flew home to houston this thursday! fact: i absolutely love airplanes. my dad picked us up from the airport and took us to chick-fil-a for dinner. i loved being home!
g
04. we woke up bright and early and drove downtown for some intense apartment shopping. newsflash: apartments are super expensive.  
g
05. we had lunch at freebirds and amy's ice cream!
g
06. we drove around looking at a few more apartments and then drove home where we had frozen pizza and watched babies!
g
07. amber was in town so we went to go visit her!
g
08. i stayed up late reading this book
g
09. saturday morning, we woke up early for the nursing school open house. we ate a yummy catered breakfast and went to a few sessions where we didn't really learn anything new. but  we did get to talk to the associate dean of the college of nursing about how the honors program works in houston. she was super helpful and really wanted us to come houston!
g
10. then we did more apartment shopping
g
11. we ate lunch at the house of pies (el yummy)
g
12. ...saw more apartments...
g
13. flew back to the dorms
g
g
14. sunday morning, i worked 6 hour desk shift (where i watched grey's, modern family, parenthood, and ate yummy coffee cake from my lovely friend rachael)
g
15. was almost late for mass -  i woke up from my nap at 5:26 and mass starts at 5:30. so glad i made it because we sang all of my favorite songs and i did the second reading. i am so excited for the upcoming retreat! 
g
16. folded my laundry and cleaned my room while listened to my new fall music mix. be checking your mailboxes ladies!
g
17. i had a fantastic weekend! i am even more excited for nursing school now!

4 friskies:

Caitlin said...

i love the quilt! i want to see more pictures!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

yay for having your own room! isn't it great?!

WOOHOOO for acing those tests! you are brilliant!!!

so glad your houston visit was amazing! can't believe the time has gone by so quickly!!!!

i love you.

Holly Larson said...

holy cow i'm so jealous you go to go to houston! sounds so fun! i miss you!

Kaelyn said...

That sounds like a great sequence of events!! Congrats on your tests. And, I still wait and study for a test the day before. And I still say I need to get out of the habit.. So you'll live!