Monday, October 10, 2011

an outward and visible sign of grace.

"When the Advocates comes whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth that proceeds from the Father, he will testify to me. And you also testify, because you have been with me from the beginning." John 15:26-27


twenty-nine of my high schoolers were confirmed this Saturday. 
and my favorite Cardinal, along with an impressive line up of multicultural priests and deacons, were there to celebrate. i love Cardinal DiNardo, especially, his not so subtle mention that he expected for at least two of the confirmed to hop on the call to religious life. the Cardinal's homily was filled with all kinds of stories and good one liners, such as, when he first became a priest he accidentally said "may the force be with you" instead of "may the PEACE OF THE LORD be with you always" during mass once.  

this confirmation mass brought back all kinds of memories for me. you see, i was confirmed when i was fifteen, just five years ago. but so much has changed in those five years. and i am so glad.

1 friskies:

Caitlin said...

you are rocking that anthro outfit, sister. remember when you tried everything from your birthday shopping spree on for me via webcam? that was fun.

also, cardinal dinardo is SO awesome. i can't believe he said may the force be with you! actually, i'm totally not surprised, ha ha.