Tuesday, January 3, 2012

March.

This was a busy month. so busy I can't even really remember what happened! Having a journal would come in handy at times like this.

First off, my parents and my little brother came to visit me up in Denton. A wonderful long weekend filled eating, shopping, and movie watching. I think we hit up all of my favorite Denton eateries! 

Lent started! We combined the Ash Wednesday service and our Saintsations group all into one epic night and had our largest turnout ever, that Little Chapel is just the place to meet. For Lent, I really thought long and hard about what I wanted to change in my life. And I ended really finding something instead. I decided to pray every day. Morning and night. Real, focused prayer on my knees. There were nights when I was already in my bed but rolled out and got down there. Not once did I regret it. And miraculously, that routine has stuck. And I am so glad! 

Also during Lent, my friends Josh, Natalie, and I started praying the rosary together every Monday afternoon in the Little Chapel. The Catholic center also had some awesome fellowship activities on Friday nights thanks to the Knights. They led us in Stations of the Cross in the chapel upstairs and cooked up tasty meals every week.  


For spring break, Kailin and I traveled to Pittsburgh to visit my sister and her husband. The day after we arrived we road tripped to Washington DC! We had a grand time visiting the monuments, the Holocaust museum, several fine eateries, the cutest Anthropologie, and the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Then we traveled back to Pittsburgh and spent the rest of the week hanging out and seeing all of the coolest parts of town, including Goodwill. Caitlin and Kailin blogged our trip in much more detail, so go here, here, and here to read more!

This was also the month that I discovered the wonderfulness of Downton Abbey, my obsession with British accents continues to grow, and Tumblr! Oh, and during Patho class one day our school was in lock down mode!

0 friskies: