Wednesday, January 11, 2012

November.

Clinicals and schooling continued on! 

This month at the hospital I changed a wound dressing, used the pixus machine all by myself, gave like a thousand insulin and lovenox injections, tested blood glucose, shaved and bathed multiple patients, discharged a patient, and learned so much other stuff.
After a long sequence of B’s, I finally got an A on an exam. Thank goodness! Samantha, my awesome lab partner, and I practiced for our assessment check off like bosses. Every week we worked on different systems and teaching topics and constantly quizzed each other. And it was actually really fun. I am SO glad that our practicing paid off – I can assess real patients now!

Other happenings : we went finally went to the Breakfast Klub, I had two apartmento visitors - both Amber and Lauren came to Houston, and the new Texas Children’s Hospital opened which I fell in love with.

Also, the new mass translation started! The high schoolers and I prepared all month by watching these videos and I was so surprised how smoothly everything went. I love so many of the changes, especially “Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.”


1 friskies:

Caitlin said...

hey there, sister! just wanted to let you know that (although i haven't been commenting as much as i'd like to) i've been really enjoying your monthly review posts!!