Sunday, August 4, 2013

and i'm back with five things.


01. Oh Holy Rosary, how I love thee. You're a hundred years old this year! The church is in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston but is run by the Dominican Friars. And the Friars are straight up awesome. Everything about this church just makes me so happy. I love the mix of old couples, newly married couples, and big, young homeschooling type families. I love seeing my high school CCE'ers every week in the pews. I've spent so much time in this church over the past two years since it's conveniently located a ten minute drive away from my apartment, or just a twelve minute light rail ride away. But the one thing I've always struggled with about this church was the lack of college students and young adults. But alas, a young adults group has been formed and it's not too awkward! I'm definitely the youngest one of the group but today we ate the free hot dogs (supplied by the knights) together after mass and you know what, it was really nice to build some sense of community. People know my name and now I know theirs! I'll be channeling my inner Tess at our next event and try to make some more friends :)

,
02. It was only 98 degrees today so I decided to whip out my 3/4 sleeve new to me Goodwill dress. I love this here dress but I don't think I'll be wearing it again till Octoberish. You see, the dress is actually straight up see through so I had to combine a tank top, spanx and a slip to cover things up. 

Vintage dress - Goodwill in Seattle
Vintage Coach purse - local resale boutique
Lace slip - etsy, Stacy Lynn
White belt - roommate's closet
Nude flats - Payless 

Linking up with the ladies at Fine Linen and Purple


03. There is a Goodwill conveniently located seven minutes away from Holy Rosary so of course I had to stop in after mass. I was really hot so this dress seemed like a good idea at the time. I don't normally EVER wear spaghetti straps but I think I might just have to until the weather drops into the 80's, maybe sometime in November. Then I can easily wear a cardigan on top of these cute polka dots. 


04. I started my grown up nursing job at my favorite cancer hospital two weeks ago. I'm loving that we can wear whatever color of scrubs we want and tshirts as long as they have the hospital logo on them. More on my new job soon!


05. I made the yummiest salad for dinner tonight. Here's the recipe so you can make your own. 

p.s. Have you seen this video?! 
Jesus+World Youth Day+Pope Francis+Matt Maher+some of my friends out in the crowd of 3 million. Watch it now!

5 friskies:

Natasha Rhodes said...

I'm l.o.v.i.n.g your Seattle Goodwill find + vintage coach purse! So classy. Can't wait to hear about your new job, I know you're an amazing nurse.

Falling Owl said...

What a beautiful church. I am so glad I found your blog.

Sheena said...

Ummm...love, love, love, love, love! Gosh Goodwill is awesome, no? And Matt Maher...and the Catholic Church...and a church you can connect with...and... :)

Caitlin said...

You are rocking the vintage look, sister! That day a Goodwill was a very good one for you :)

Tess said...

Ahhh, yes! Post-Mass friends are the best! Love your dress too. If I saw you after Mass I'd come up and say hi just so I could ask where you got it. :)