Sunday, September 1, 2013

Yummy Recipes.

I've been experimenting in the kitchen a lot lately since I've starting working 12 hour shifts. I like to cook on my days off and make enough food for my lunch and dinners during the week. Thanks to Pinterest and food bloggers, I've made some really yummy meals. I thought I'd share mine and then you could share what you've been making with me too :)


Cashew Chicken - I doubled the sauce and added a red and green pepper for extra veggies in the step with the onions. Don't add the cashews in with everything unless you're serving this as a meal to all be eaten at once, they get soggy in the fridge - store them in a tight container.

Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad - So Yummy! I added a can of chick peas for more protein. Again don't add the cashews if its going in the fridge for awhile. Lasts about 5 days in the fridge.

Pecan Crusted Tilapia with Honey Glaze - One of my favorites! I served it over spinach kinda like a salad. This is best at home not in the break room since you want the fish to be crispy. This recipe is super easy to half.

Broccoli - Yummy and easy. Bammm. 

Chipotle Chicken Bowl - This was the perfect work lunch and I ate it all week. I used brown rice instead of white. I bought the fajita seasoning instead of making it. I used 1 can of yellow corn and black beans and washed them thoroughly. I love veggies so I used 3 bell peppers and 1 purple onion. I didn't add the tomatoes, sour cream or avocado. With Pico de Gallo - I used a jalapeno instead, make sure to wear gloves wile cutting and wash your hands. I didn't and bad things happened. 

North African Shrimp with Veggie Couscous - I left out the pepper flakes because I didn't have them. I couldn't find fresh parsley so I used the dried spice kind. I wanted more veggies so I used one zucchini, two yellow squash, a whole purple onion, and grape tomatoes.

Baked Spaghetti Squash - This squash is so cheap and makes so much, I'll be cooking it again! The sauce isn't hard to make but if you are in a hurry just buy some low-fat vodka tomato sauce for this recipe. I added a red and green pepper and 1/2 white onion for some extra veggies and just sauteed them in a frying pan.

2 friskies:

Caitlin said...

Oh, it all sounds so good! Well, maybe not the quinoa salad...

But I really want to try the pecan-crusted tilapia. Yummmm. And I'm very intrigued by spaghetti squash!

I have not tried any new recipes in a long, long while, so I'm afraid I'm not much help!

Tess said...

Wow, these all sound amazing. I'm pinning this list for later. Thanks for sharing!