Saturday, April 12, 2014

home.

I have lived in the same apartment for the past three years. Three years! I have no family here in Houston since my parentals and little brother moved to China two years, so this is really my home. I can walk to my favorite cancer hospital in twenty minutes from here, I can take the light rail to my favorite church in fifteen minutes from here, and I can get a chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-A in under ten minutes from here. I have lived with four wonderful girls in this home and while some have moved away and gotten married, I still consider them my closest friends. But one of my biggest prayers has been answered - this August I'll be living somewhere new in Houston with one of my best friends! Today while researching possible apartments for the fall, I felt quite sentimental about this place so I decided to whip out the fancy camera and take some pictures.

I love this room of mine. My bed is soft and fluffy. The green chair that I read my bible in every morning reminds me of my parents and our old life in Humble. This room has changed quite a bit the past three years (evidence: 2011-2012 and 2012-2013). It is never actually this clean but after seeing it all picked up today, I have a new resolve to make to keep it looking like this. I'll share more pictures of the rest of the apartment soon.
 

5 friskies:

Caitlin said...

Man, I left a comment on my phone a while ago but I guess it didn't go through. Just wanted to say that your room looks beautiful and I'm so excited for your new adventure!!

Nej said...

Hi Allie! Thank you for your comment love on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Congrats on finishing school last year and getting your first job! It seems like things are going really well for you! :)

Ok, so... the wall behind your wall is AMAZING! I just love it so much. And your two chairs?! So great.

Anyway, nice to "meet you" and I can't wait to read more!

Leah Mancl said...

If I lived in that room, I would spend so much time there! I love the gallery above your bed. Absolutely gorgeous.

Chels said...

Your room is beautiful!

Tess said...

Your room is gorgeous—it reminds me of an Anthropologie catalog!