Monday, September 1, 2014

one. about me.

Allie, or Allison, take your pick. 23 year old living in Houston, Texas. Oncology nurse on a Cardiothoracic surgery floor at the best cancer hospital in the world (seriously). Canadian born, but Texas resident for all but six weeks of my life. Proud Aunt to Claire and Maggie. My family spans many time zones, with the parentals and little brother in Shanghai and my older sister in Seattle. Lover of grocery stores, Mexican dresses, dry shampoo, babies, library books, and cathedrals. Learning how to be a grownup and trying to embrace this season of my life. My clearance Chacos are always ready for an adventure. My heart beats knowing that I am restless until I rest in You.

Join me in blogging everyday in September!

Brave Love Blog

11 friskies:

Kim @ Kimberleys Quests said...

That job sounds awesome, but must be extremely hard some (most) days. I love that you have a small Canadian connection! Isn't dry shampoo the best thing ever?

Leah Mancl said...

Okay, number one, you look gorgeous in that photo! Seriously! Also, your ode to dry shampoo makes me think that we are twins. Because I'm never far away from some dry shampoo! Excited to see more Blogtember posts from you!

Meg Siobhan said...

Gosh, your job sounds so interesting.
Love that you have family here, there and everywhere. And can I just say, hello gorgeous!!

Found you via the Blog-tember linkup!!

http://www.megsiobhan.co.vu/

Abigail said...

Yay! I will spend the rest of the day deciding whether or not I can take the challenge. Maaaaybe I could shoot for once a week for the whole month ;)? Also, I keep meaning to ask Caitlin for your number-thank you so much for your sweet card & gift!! I'm sure my real thank yous will be weeks delayed, but I wanted to let you know I received it! And very gratefully!!

JoyLeanne said...

Being a grown up is hard. I understand family all over the place. We are the same. Can't wait to read more this month.

Caitlin said...

Oh, I'm excited!!

Tricia Nae said...

I could never ever do what you do...but I definitely respect those (you!) that do. I lost my father to cancer last year...I so wish he would have tried MD Anderson (we are in the Dallas area)...but he was a stubborn guy, and the outlook was never good :(

Looking forward to reading more from you this month! (I love Mexican dresses too!!...I can't pull them off..but I do love them)

Amanda H said...

We need more nurses like you! :) Found you on the link up for blog-tember challenge. Love your blog and your room - reminds me of college! I have an older brother in seattle...but I haven't visited him since he moved there. Anyhow..learn more about me here: http://sewhungryformore.blogspot.com/2014/09/blog-tember-daily-posts-challenge.html

Britney Waite said...

nice to meet you allie! i'm britney! i too am a lover f dry shampoo and babies, i wish i had more mexican dresses though they are so bright and cheery! can't wait to see what else you write for blog-tember. yay internet friends!

Tess said...

That is a seriously gorgeous picture of you! Also, tell me more about your favorite dry shampoos... I'm a huge fan too, but since college I haven't been able to find a brand I really love.

natalie g. said...

My chacos are clearance too! Well really ebay $20.