Tuesday, January 27, 2015

12 in 2014.

2014 was a year of so many highs and lows. I got to go to the weddings of three of my best friends! Spencer was born and I got to snuggle with him so much in the spring. I lived with two amazing girls, Makenzie and Macey. I grew more than I ever imagined as a nurse, I became stronger, I advocated for my patients needs more, I learned that just being there in their room is enough. Daily mass continued to challenge and shape me.
 
image

JANUARY:
planned a bachelorette weekend for 20 plus girls.
Kailin and Ben got married.
Makenzie, my new roommate, moved in.
visited Amber in Austin.
pressed the code blue button in a patient's room for the first time.
 had an emotional breakdown in Target when buying new bedding.
overall an extremely emotional month, so many life changes.

image

FEBRUARY:
helped plan a wedding at the cancer hospital.
survived ACLS and became a card carrying member.
Spencer was born and I got lots of baby snuggles in.

image

MARCH:
celebrated Claire's second birthday in Seattle.
said difficult goodbye's to two of my patients within one week - we had two patients who had both had the same surgery back in November and developed many, many complications - one patient finally went home with his family and the other patient passed away as soon as his family left for the night.

image

APRIL:
bridesmaid in Natalie and Robert's wedding in Austin.
with the help of parents, paid off $30,000 of student loans!
and walked to sonic a lot, haha.

image

MAY:
Virginia and Raj's wedding in Houston.
Macey came to visit Houston.
retreat with the Dominican Sisters in Austin, such a turning point in the year - stopped comparing my life to my married friends, stopped feeling sorry myself, started to embrace my life as a single girl.

image

JUNE:
trip to visit my Grandma in Ottawa and explored Montreal with the Burch's.
turned 23. celebrated one year of being a nurse!

image

JULY:
college visits with the parentals for my little brother.
Edel conference with my sister in Austin.
graduated from nursing residency.

image

AUGUST:
volunteered at Camp AOK, a camp for teenagers with cancer and their siblings, for a week.
said goodbye to college/new grad apartment and moved into a new apartment in the Heights with Macey.
went to the gynecologist for the first time.
wedding dress shopping with Holly.
also an extremely emotional month!

image

SEPTEMBER:
visited Ms. Spiering in Corpus Christi.
visited Katelyn in Boston.
pondered my future.  

image
 
OCTOBER:
became PCCN certified.
celebrated Maggie's first birthday in Seattle.
visited the Hoyt's in Spokane.

image

NOVEMBER:
started volunteering at St. Dominic's nursing home.
completed my first whole30, lost 12 pounds!
thanksgiving with the Craft's.
Holly's bridal shower in Houston.

10383890_10152886270260225_4673826247950385254_n

DECEMBER:
Ms. Spiering's funeral in Corpus Christi.
multiple work Christmas parties.
celebrated Christmas with my family in Seattle.  

2 friskies:

benilhalk said...

Wow!! What a great wedding planning. It’s just an unbelievable. I really wish such kind of decoration for my wedding venue. That’s why I am searching event planner for my wedding. Hey, Can I book you for my wedding?

Pomeline said...

I just found your blog and I'm loving it!!! :)